Wednesday, August 24, 2011

3 Day for the Cure

I had an absolutely amazing weekend.  I worked at the Susan G. Komen 3 Day for the Cure Breast Cancer Walk.  I was exhausted from working the weekend, but those ladies (and men) that walked the 60 miles in those 3 days sure were inspiring!  It was heartbreaking, exciting, fun, hard work, happy, sad...everything all at the same time.

I can hardly wait because I will be walking in it next year!  Yeppers, you heard me correctly, I will be walking 60 miles in 3 days next August.  I will be posting at a later date how you can donate to the cause if that is something you wish to do.  I will have to raise a lot of money to do the walk, but it is so worth it.  I will be walking for 2 of my Aunts that have Breast Cancer - and for anyone else that you mention to me.  I feel so strongly about this that I think the fund-raising will be totally worth it!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend-not many, though, as I was really busy working.  I got to see every walker come in and finish up the 60 miles on Sunday.  I got to scan their badges and give them a Victory T-shirt :)
Congratulations to all the walkers, but especially my friends Sandy and Bonnie!  I will be walking right beside you girls next year :)

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment