Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

I am as happy as can be right now. Imagine my surprise and delight to find a package on my front porch just a few minutes ago! Can you see it?How about now??First of all, let me tell you that I am involved with a Secret Sister swap. For the months of October, November, and December we are to make a gift for our Secret Sister and mail it to her anonymously. Then in January we will all get together and personally give our last gift to her in person to reveal ourselves. I am so excited. I just love gifts! I have been feeling a little sorry for myself as I haven't received my October gift yet...well, just a few minutes ago, I went out on my front porch (that we rarely use and that I don't ever recall the mailman using) to turn on the lights for our little trick or treaters tonight. As I turned around, here was a package sitting next to the door-kind of hidden behind the deck box we have out there to hold the cushions for my wicker porch chairs. Looking at the postmark, it has been there for over a week! (and believe me, I have checked out that post mark real good trying to figure out who it came from...I know the return address is not a clue as we all use different addresses-you know how the post office is these days, you have to have a return address on it-even if it's not your own.) I now feel bad for doubting my Secret Sister.Just look at this adorable paint can that she altered for me! Halloween, what a perfect day to find my gift! Have I mentioned that I love gifts?? Well, I do!!

Even better, it was filled with some fabulous Giradelhi dark chocolate-my favorite!Thank you Secret Sister! I love it!

I would love to show you what I have made for my Secret Sister, but I can't do that just yet, she might be looking at my blog and then I'd be giving my secrets away! So, Secret Sister, you'll just have to wait and see what you get next. Remember what I said about using someone else's return address? Well, we also go to great lengths to mail them from different post offices to get different post marks, too. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky...

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment