Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday Party


Well, today we had the family birthday party for our daughter. She turned 17 a couple of weeks ago. This is the card I made for her. It is actually one we made at our Close To My Heart Convention in Florida last August, but I modified it to work for her birthday. I just love this Notebook Paper from CTMH.

Being this time of year, of course we had to have apples with caramel. Here is the recipe for the caramel dip (thanks to Amy for sharing that with me). It is fabulous! They now make the Kraft caramels in "chip" form (kinda like chocolate chips) and they are unwrapped! That is awesome as I always hate unwrapping them all. It takes about a 1/2 bag of them for this recipe. I also use a whole package of cream cheese (I think they come in 12 oz. bricks, don't they?) Anyway, here it is:

Caramel Dip

16 individually wrapped caramels
1/4 cup water
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix together cream cheese and brown sugar. Melt water and caramels together and then fold into the cream cheese mixture. Serve immediately.

Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment