Friday, November 26, 2010

What a great Thanksgiving!

We had a wonderful day yesterday for Thanksgiving.  We made the trek Up North to spend the day with my side of the family.  Now we've been married 25 years and this is probably only about the 3rd or 4th time we've done that!  Usually we spend that day with Dale's side of the family.
It is about a 2 hour drive for us, with the last 10 miles of it the most beautiful.  It is a winding, curvy road through the woods that is just gorgeous.  Here are a couple of pictures I took on the way into the woods.  I know I have posted about this before, but this last 10 miles of road has approximately 75 curves to go around.  I feel like a race car driver every time I travel that road (well, ok, maybe not yesterday as it was too snowy).  Every time I try to count the curves, I end up losing track, but I think 75 is a pretty accurate number :)
We had the big traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner with turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy with all the extras (and I mean ALL the extras, plus some!)  If anyone went away hungry, that was their own fault!  I think my favorite is my Mom's pumpkin pie.  Doesn't it look great?  Yes, she goes the extra mile every time she makes a pie and makes them look all 'pretty'!  Maybe Mom is where I get my putsy-ness from (is that even a word??)
It was great to see so many friends that I have not seen in a very long time.  This is the extended "family" from Up North that I practically grew up with.

Art and Sharon are a very special couple that I will never, ever forget.  They are the sweetest and kindest people you would ever want to meet!
I wish I had thought earlier and taken a picture of Den and Peg, but Den left before I even thought about it.  Darn it!  They were like my second set of parents growing up.  I did get a picture wtih their daughter, though!  Kris is a card (just like her Mom).  You will hurt from laughing when spending a day with her!  She has always got a story that will bust your guts!  She is even my downline in this Close To My Heart family!  Love ya, Kris!
Here are the kids (my 3 nieces and Kris' son and daughter).  they were all so good all day.  I think everyone had a great time!
I hope you all enjoyed the day with family and friends like we did!  We sure were counting our blessings!

Are you a Black Friday shopper?  I am not, I am staying nice and warm in my house today, but if you are a bargain shopper, read this post and feel free to give me a call or send an email to take advantage of this deal I have for you!  715-377-6195 or tammyhellstern@myctmh.com

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment