Sunday, November 21, 2010

Metropolis Resort

What a fabulous weekend I have had!  Remember back in May when I won a big Mother's Day package from the radio station?  If not, you can read about it here.  I finally got around to using the other half of my winnings.  It included a night's stay at the Metropolis Resort, flowers, candy, and a massage.

I used the gift certificate for the greenhouse early this spring.  That was wonderful in itself!  It was for $200.  After wandering through the greenhouse and picking up everything I wanted, I got to the counter to check out and figured I was going to have to pay extra for all the stuff I got.  Guess what?  I only had to pay an extra quarter!  Yep, I hit that one pretty darn close.  I couldn't have come that close if I had been trying!

So now it was on to the Metropolis Resort.  This is a place like none other that we have ever stayed at!  It was very modern and contemporary-not the down home type place we are used to staying at.  I told my husband it reminded me of the Jetson's!  Even though it was so very different from anyplace else we've ever stayed, it was great!  Very, very nice!  I would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Here is what our room looked like.
The flowers and the candy were none too impressive, but that's ok, that is not the point.  They had a gift card for my massage waiting in my room for me when we got there, too-even printed out directions on how to get to the place doing the massage.  It was only a couple of miles away and easy to find.  She did a great job and I was sad when it was over.  I could have laid there all day!  I was so relaxed...
I also managed to get most of my Christmas shopping done over the weekend.  Bonus!

Speaking of shopping, don't forget about the November special, A Little MORE Thanks!  If you have forgotten, you can read all about it here in this post from November 10th.  If this intrigues you, you might just want to wait until Black Friday because I will be offering a great sale that day.  I will tell you all about it tomorrow!

Until then,
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment