Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

Here are a few pictures of our Christmas tree this year. We finally got it put up last weekend, which is very late for us, but couldn't be helped this year. Usually we have it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but with me taking that last minute vacation, it didn't happen. Oh well, it's up now and we are enjoying it. One of the pictures even has our cat 'Punkin' laying under the tree. He loves to hang out under there (at least it's better than climbing up into the tree like he did when he was a kitten :)





















All of the ornaments on our tree have special meaning to them. They are all either old (from our childhood), handcrafted, gifts, or purchased because of special meaning. Even the angel on the top of the tree was handmade by my Mother-in-law.



My Mom has a tradition of getting a dated ornament for each of the grandkids every year for Christmas until they turn 18. Wow, what a collection they will have by the time they are on their own!

Here is my Mom and Rhonda with this year's ornament. I always get a few pictures of them together because I have made an ongoing scrapbook for Rhonda that tells about each of her ornaments...who or where they were from and the story behind them. It really helps as the years go by to remember all the little stories that otherwise may have been forgotten.














Every time we go someplace new on vacation, we get a Christmas ornament. This is one of the new ornaments from my most recent trip. A pink flamingo from Key West, Florida. I think I could almost do an entire tree just with the ornaments from our trips :) I love it!












Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment