Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm home...

I am home from my wonderful vacation in the Caribbean. Wow, it was a whirlwind of activity and fun, but also very relaxing. I had such a great time, I think now I need to take a vacation to rest up LOL! On November 30th I boarded the Carnival Freedom ship with my friend Sandy and a couple of her friends (no, that is not my husband, but it sure looks a lot like him).

I have to say, it was the most interesting cruise I have ever taken. We really had excitement after we left port in Grand Cayman as we were headed to Jamaica. There was a report of "Man Overboard" so the ship had to make a figure 8 in the ocean. I have never done that maneuver before. If you ever had, you would know it. There were a lot of things falling off shelves, food off counters in the kitchens, items crashed to the floor all over the ship. Even the water came out of the pool and into the dining room. It was really something. The Coast Guard was notified and helicopters were overhead. It turned out that it wasn't a person after all, but a very large, fully dressed inflatable monkey (named Julius) that fell overboard. Even so, our ship stayed in the same location until every person, guests and crew, were accounted for. 3 1/2 hours later we were on our way. It was a pretty rough night on the ship. Not only were the waters rough, but the captain had to speed up for us to make it to our next port on time.
I think my favorite port was Jamaica. We had a ton of fun and the weather was gorgeous!

I had better spend some time this morning in my scrapping room as I have a bunch of swaps to get done. I will post pictures of them as I get them done.

Until later, Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment