Friday, October 1, 2010

We are getting a new live-in house guest!

Do you know this man?  I do and I love him...please, don't tell my husband...oh wait, he already knows!  His name is Sticky Boy.  I first met him in Salt Lake City, Utah when I went to my first ever Close To My Heart National Convention.  Here he is posing for a picture with me and Sheri.  How fun!
A little explanation for those of you that don't 'get it' yet.  When Close To My Heart first came out with their clear acrylic stamps, they also came out with this video for people to watch.

Corporate came out with clear acrylic stamps in the 'sticky boy' shape (I think there are 5 or 6 sizes in the family).  Whenever we are at a Corporate event, the Corporate staff (ok, David) hides Sticky Boy anyplace he sticks to.  It is kind of like playing 'Find the Button' when all these grown women are on the lookout for Sticky Boy.  If you are lucky enough to find one, you wear it proudly on your name badge for the rest of the event.  You can usually always tell when someone finds one, as the squeals of delight are heard.

Here is the one that I received at Convention this year.  While I did not 'find' him, he found me.  See, I won a prize and when they handed me the package, he was attached to the package.  I love him.  I was so proud to keep him close to my heart the rest of the week.

Now fast forward a few years and if you have been following Close To My Heart on Facebook, you would know that during the month of September they were giving away Sticky Boy stamp sets.  All you had to do is leave a comment and they randomly choose winners.  Lucky me!  I was a winner!  Sticky Boy and his family (the compete stamp set) will be coming to live with me here in Wisconsin! I am so excited and can't wait for him to get here!  (If you go and join now, I believe they are giving away stamp sets!)

I hope you are having a great day!  Happy Scrappin'



No comments:

Post a Comment