Monday, August 30, 2010

My fabulous 3 days of weekend!

What a great weekend it was!  Too bad it had to end...Monday, you are just not fun for me!  LOL!
Friday night started out at the tractor pull in Cumberland.  Dale pulled his 'new' tractor (only the second time he's pulled it).  Guess what?  He got a 1st place out of 13 tractors.  Whoo Hoo!  Here are a couple of pictures of that for your enjoyment...too bad I didn't have video for you, too - you know I can only do so much at once...I can't take pictures and videos at the same time!
Dale's buddy weighted it up and pulled it in the heavy class.  Guess what?  It took 1st place again!  Gotta love that!  The plan is to get it painted up and looking pretty this winter.  I'm sure I'll have more pictures to show you at that time :)
Then Saturday we were off to a wedding.  It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have been to.  We know the bride and the groom and both their families.  It was a bittersweet day.  They were so sweet to include our son as an honorary groomsman.  Almost 2 years later and Dusty has not forgotten his friend!  We are so blessed!

Here are a couple of pictures of us "all spiffed up" on Saturday.  The first one is of me and Dale along with my sister, her husband and her girls.
Then I needed a picture of us with the girls, one of just us, and one of my sister and her family.  (I have scrapbook pages to make, you know!)
Sunday came and we enjoyed the beautiful sunshine-y day by going for a motorcycle ride.  We really love to ride our bikes, but just don't have enough time in the summer to fit in all of the things we love to do!  Where is that 'time' store so I can buy more of it??  If anyone knows, please fill me in, too!

I know I need to get to my craft room to get creating, I think I am going through withdrawls!  That is my plan for this week, we'll see how that goes!

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment