Thursday, July 8, 2010

What a beautiful hotel at our scrapbooking Convention!

I absolutely LOVE to travel...add in some scrapbooking and it just can't get any better.  I am in Washington DC for our annual Close To My Heart National Convention.  I truly treasure the time I get to spend with some of the most creative women I know.  It is the best time a girl could ask for.  We are kept BUSY every day and evening, but it is soooo worth it!  We learn some great new business ideas, get to create some wonderful new artwork, get to share some time with new and old friends, get a sneak peak at the brand spanking new Idea Book (I can't even show you that part yet), and just plain get rejuvenated!

What a beautiful hotel the Gaylord National is!  Of course, for over $200 per night, it better be!?!  Good thing I have my 3 wonderful roomies to split the cost with (waving hello to Sheri, Rachel, and Lynn :)

Here is what the joint looks like...and this is the 'back' side of the place.  How would you like to have a backyard like that?
This is the view from our room. We get to look out over the Atrium and also get to see out over National Harbor.  It is awesome!
Our first day in town, we did a little sight seeing. We went to Arlington National Cemetery.  Here are the graves of President John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline along with the eternal flame.
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers and the changing of the guard.
Stay tuned for more sight seeing photos and some new artwork.  We are exhausted here every day, but it is so worth it.  I may have to go home and go back to work just to rest up!
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment