Sunday, July 11, 2010

Iwo Jima and the Patriotic Parade

After touring Arlington National Cemetery, we walked (yes, in that 106 degree weather!) to the park where the Iwo Jima statue is to watch the Marine Corp Drum and Bugle Corp perform for the Patriotic Parade.  They did a fabulous job.  How amazing to be able to watch that!
We have stopped at the Rosa Mexicana Restaurant twice now.  I have never been a guacamole lover, but now...things have changed and I am ready to make my own...now if I can just find a grocery store to buy avacados in (remember, I live in a very small town).  They make this stuff right at your table in front of you.  It was amazing and made a guac-lover out of me (yeah, I know...the diet is on hold this week!)
We really are here for the Close To My Heart National Convention, too!  Here is the cool sign that is hanging on the big windows of the hotel to greet us.
Just look at the stairs, they even have our convention logo on them, too!
Until later, Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment