Saturday, April 25, 2009

Girl's Day Out-Recipe Album

What a fun day we had yesterday with our Girl's Day Out. The girls from work came over to my place yesterday. We created a fun recipe album using our flip album, had lots of wonderful food, and did a lot of girl talk. I had so much fun and can't wait to do it again! Thanks girls for coming to my house to play!

Here are a few pictures of us putting the album together and of the finished product.Then we enjoyed some food. I think most of us brought the recipes that we shared for in the album so we could sample the recipes, too. How great was that! My friend Lynn taught me that it's "all about the food!"

As the girls were leaving, they stopped up at the cemetary with me to see Tony's headstone. They just placed that this week. We had his picture put on it and they also etched his tractor onto it. They did a beautiful job. It's been a tough week, all those emotions coming to the surface again. There have been a lot of tears again, but that's ok-it's all a part of the healing process. We will forever miss our son, but will also forever have our wonderful memories!

After that, since it was such a gorgeous day outside (finally! and now today it is only about 44 degrees again) I took a little ride on my motorcycle to deliver some products to some ladies. What a nice ride.

Then it was off to Rhonda's softball game. While at the game, it got cold and windy! It blew in a little storm, nothing major though, we actually needed the little bit of rain that we did get. After the game it was off to the school to decorate for our Post Prom lock-in tonight. I was at the school until about 11:15 last night. It looks great!

Today is a busy day with all the Prom preparations for Rhonda-picking up the flowers, getting hair and make-up done, pictures, out to eat, etc. It is like choreographing a play or something.

If I am still functioning tomorrow I will share some beautiful photos of them all gussied up. We will be at the lock-in until 5:30 am but then will clean up afterwards, too. It's going to be a very lonnnnggggg day/night! It will be well worth it, though, to provide a fun and safe environment for the kids.

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment