Sunday, March 8, 2009

St. Thomas

Today's port of call is St. Thomas. We have been to St. Thomas several times and it is still one of my very favorite places to be. It is much cleaner than many of the other islands and that may have something to do with it being American, but I'm not sure about that. That's just a guess. Everything about it is different than the other islands. I just love coming into this port, there are always hundreds of sailboats in the bay.Our group all went together to one of the top ten beaches in the world-Magen's Bay. It is a beautiful beach, but not so overcrowded like some of the others can be. It is pretty quiet and very relaxing.Here is a shot of us on top of the hill overlooking Magen's Bay where we were at.
This is a pretty cool shot. If you look about in the middle of the picture, you can see a rain storm out over the ocean. How cool is that? We could see it out there from the beach, but we never got rained on.When we got back into town, we did a little bit of shopping before we headed back to the ship. I ended up buying a new camera lens there. It was not a planned purchase, but when the price is about 1/3 of what it is back home (plus tax and duty free), I guess it was a no brainer. Anyone in the market for a camera lens? I am now going to sell my old one. Email me for more information on that (it is a Tamron 28-300 lens).

I hope you enjoyed today's port as much as I did,

No comments:

Post a Comment