Thursday, March 12, 2009

St. Patrick's Day treats

I was busy make all these little treat bags for my girlfriends on Friday. The girls from work are getting together again this Friday for lunch and I made a game for us to play. Of course we have to have goody bags for prizes. These were very simple to make, but fun.You've seen the game "Family Feud"...well, I made my own version of it using some cardstock. It looks something like this. Every question has a different color of cardstock. I made slits in the sides of the white cardstock so the strips of colored "answers" slide right in. As they guess an answer and get it correct, I will flip the strip over. I hope everyone has fun playing it. I will let you know how it goes.I also thought I would share a recipe with you. I have been making these sandwiches for years. They are so yummy and easy to make, you'll love them, too. Plus, they really aren't even bad for you (I suppose you could probably leave the butter out and they'd still be ok). A girl I worked with many years ago (no, that does not mean we're old) shared this recipe with me-thanks Carla!

Shredded Chicken Sandwiches

1 3 lb. bag boneless, skinless chicken breast (boiled and pulled apart)
1/2 stick butter
1 envelope Lipton Savory Herb & Garlic soup mix
1 1/2 tsp. chicken boullion
1 can cream of chicken soup
enough water to moisten (I use the broth from boiling the chicken)

Mix all together and serve hot on buns. This works well int he crock pot, too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment