Wednesday, July 11, 2012

4th of July

As you are reading this, I am on my way to Dallas, Texas for our Close To My Heart Annual Convention.  I can hardly wait to spend time with all my "sistas" and to learn, learn, learn.  I will have lots of fun new stuff for you when I get back!!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.  It is a bittersweet holiday for me as the 5th marked 3 years since my daughter passed away.  I refuse to let it get me down, though.  I had a wonderful day with my family.  My 3 nieces mean the world to me and I couldn't love them any more than if they were my own!
We made a trip up north to visit Grant and Lori at the campground (and play in the pool) and then headed even further north to visit with Mom and Norm.  We missed out on the big picnic, but got to relax and visit a little anyway :)
 Isn't my Mom the crafty one?  She had these firecrackers all over!
Mr. Eagle even came to visit us :)
I made some Rice Krispie bars to bring along and I thought I'd share the recipe with you.  I know, I know...you're thinking, (what in the world, have I never made them before, don't you think I know how?)  Well, let me tell you, these are better than your average Krispie bars.  There is a little addition to them that just makes them all the better.  You may never go back to plain old Krispie bars again!
3 Tbsp. butter
1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
1/3 cup yellow cake mix (dry, not mixed into a batter)
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 (1.75 oz.) container sprinkles

Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in (dry) cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in cereal so it is completely coated with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting.

I told you, they're good :)

Happy Scrappin'


No comments:

Post a Comment