Monday, May 28, 2012

Girlfriends Frame

Remember when I said that I was hoping to get downstairs and get creative yesterday?  Well, it finally happened last night.  I started on this little project and didn't quit until it was done :)

My friend Holly had posted a frame she made-over on facebook and she really inspired me!  I had a frame sitting here that would work perfect for this project.  I also had photos in mind to use in it.

The frame is a cheapy that just caught my eye (I can't remember if it was at Bargain Bill's or the Dollar Store, though).  I see unique frames and buy them to use for projects at a later time.  So when I had this inspiration, I already had the perfect frame in mind.  The only thing I bought were these cute little clothespins (found them at Archiver's...they just jumped out at me, so it was my tiny purchase for the day!)
Isn't it just adorable?  Banners are all the rage right now, so I thought I'd use them in my frame.  It's hard to tell, but the banners are popped up off the frame.  I used photo hangers to tie my hemp to, and then hang the banners from the hemp using those mini clothespins.  Of course, I thought I had the pennant alphabet stamp set, and discovered that I didn't.  I could have just waited to borrow it from one of my friends, but if you know me, once I start something, I have no patience and I want to get it done.  I improvised and made my own banner alpha!  Easy peasy :)

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment