Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baked Caramel French Toast

Today's post brings you a yummy, yummy recipe.  It's so sinful, but worth every last bite!

I found a recipe while blog surfing a few weeks ago that sounded delish.  Well, after making it, I was not impressed.  I was hopeful for it, though, so I found another recipe and kind of combined the two.  The result is pure perfection.

I made this Baked Caramel French Toast at the retreat for the rest of the girls.  Everyone agreed, it was a winner :)  *The photo really does not do justice, trust me, it's very tasty!
Here is my version of the recipe:

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp. corn syrup

French Toast:
4 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
6-8 slices french bread (however many will fit in your pan)

Combine topping ingredients and cook over medium heat until smooth.  Pour into greased 9x13 glass pan.

Beat rest of ingredients  Dip both sides of french bread into mixture and place slices over topping in pan.  **Now, when I made this, the egg mixture is enough for about 2 pans so either double the topping ingredients and make 2 pans or cut the egg mixture in half - it's up to you :)

Cover and refrigerate overnight.  In the morning, bake uncovered at 400 for 20-25 minutes.  Take out of oven and let stand for 5 minutes.  Invert over a large serving tray.

*You could also add some pecans to the topping mixture (maybe after you invert it onto the tray??)

Enjoy and Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment