Sunday, October 2, 2011

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

I am totally overwhelmed with gratitude to all that donated at my Yard Sale for a Cure!  I am about 1/4 of the way toward my fundraising goal after yesterday!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I  had my nieces here in the afternoon and they even helped me clean up afterward.  What great help they were.  After all our work was done, we made some yummy Apple Pie Bites.  I found the recipe on a recipe blog I follow - Wow, so quick and easy - and YUMMY :)
I'll even share our easy recipe with you :)
Apple Pie Bites

1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 pkg. refrigerated pie crust
3 Tbsp. melted butter, divided
2 medium apples, each cut into 8 wedges (we peeled ours, but you wouldn't have to)

Combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 Tbsp.  Unroll pie crusts and brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

Cut each crust into 8 one inch strips, about 8 inches long.  Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple.

Place on cookie sheet.  Brush tops with remaining melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.  Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.  Serve warm.  Makes 16

See, what did I tell you, easy!  We even had ours with ice cream and hot cocoa :)
Then Kiana and I (Kinzie headed out to make some money babysitting) headed downstairs to the Cellar Dweller's Dream to do a little creating.  Kiana had heard all about my new Cricut machine and she was dying to try it out.  She decided she wanted to make a sign for their bedroom door - any guesses what it was going to say??  LOL!  She quickly became a pro at running the machine.  I only showed her once what to do and she took over from there!  She also loves our CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge :)
Look at her handiwork!
I just love spending time with the girls (the oldest was at a volleyball tournament for the day).  I can't wait to do it again.

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment