Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dig Pink and a new recipe

Yesterday was a fun, productive day at the Cellar Dweller's Dream.  The girls were over for a day of scrapping and talk :)  I made a yummy wild rice soup (thanks Carole for the recipe).  It was so easy and tasted so good!  I will share that recipe with you now (along with my notes).
4 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup coarsely chopped carrots
1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed and drained
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. salt
12/ tsp. pepper
1 lb. chicken cut up
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp.flour

In crock pot, combine all ingredients except sour cream and flour.  Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours or until chicken is done and rice is tender.

Mix flour into sour cream and stir into soup.  Increase to high heat setting, cover and cook about 20 more minutes or until mixture bubbles around edges and thickens.

*Now, I will tell you that I don't follow recipes exactly (I know, you probably have figured that out by now!)  I didn't have any celery and wasn't going to buy any just for this as the rest would go to waste.  I was doubling the recipe anyway, so instead of using 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, I used one can of cream of celery soup,  I also didn't have thyme leaves, but used ground thyme instead.  I then also added a can of mushrooms.  I used fat free or reduced fat soups and sour cream and it turned out fabulous!

Then, today I was busy making some pins for my niece's volleyball team - well, actually for their Dig Pink night.  You are going to want to attend the game on Tuesday, October 4th.  The team has many fun activities planned to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research.  These fun pins I made will be available for sale that night :)
I have much more artwork to show you, but some of it will have to wait until October (I know, that is just around the corner, though).  I was creating artwork using the new October Stamp of the Month, so stay tuned for that.  I'm pretty pumped up for all the creating that was going on!

Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, this couldn't be more perfect timing! I am haveing a 12-hour crop in November and was looking through receipes for an eays crock pot soup. So thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very welcome - always happy to help :)

    ReplyDelete