Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Bird Nests

Here's a fast and simple recipe for you to try out.  I made some of these Bird Nest treats to bring along up north.  They are pretty fun to make and to eat.  *and don't you just love my antique open lace dishes?  They look really great in my new hutch, too!
Easter Bird Nests

1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 1/2 cups chow mien noodles
2 cups Chex cereal, lightly crushed
malted eggs

Combine butterscotch chips, syrup, peanut butter, and sugar.  Microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.  Stir in noodles and cereal till coated (I used rice noodles as they were a little smaller and tasted good).  Quickly shape small balls into nests and add chocolate eggs.  Makes about 1 dozen nests.  I also doubled the recipe and make about 2 dozen nests.

See, simple and easy!  Just the way I like it...

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment