Sunday, December 19, 2010

My new favorite cookies...

I was not going to bake anything for Christmas this year (we really don't 'need' it) but I got a bug tonight and decided I had to make at least a couple of things.  My friend Sharon brought these little babies to our Thanksgiving dinner and they are my new favorites!  They absolutely melt in your mouth!

Here is the recipe in case you want to make some, too.  It only makes about 2 dozen cookies, but they are so easy and yummy, it's worth it!
Cinnamon Sticks

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco (I just used all butter)
5 Tbsp. sugar
Cream together and add:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix well.  Roll into about 1 1/2" sticks.
Bake at 350 until lightly brown (10-15 minutes)
While hot, roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture.

Enjoy!

Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. hey tammy, thanks for this! we are at the cabin and just decided we are going to make these today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Holly. How did you like them? Hope they turned out for you! Happy New Year to you and the fam!

    ReplyDelete