Monday, September 27, 2010

Our 1st Club layout of the Season and Happy Birthday, Tony!

I just love when my scrapbooking club starts up again in the fall.  I have missed getting together with my girls for a fun day of scrapping.  Yesterday was the day we started back up!

Here is the layout that I designed for them to create.  It uses the new Olivia paper pack.  I just love this paper - it has a fun fresh fall look to it.  See that orangey color?  That is one of our new colors "Sunset."    I used the pattern "Raise the Curtain" from the new how-to book "Magic."  I just love this new book as it gives you directions on how to make each layout interactive!
Here is the interactive part on this one.  Here is a picture of Tyler...now when you pull the tab...
there is room for another photo or some journaling (which I have not done yet...still looking for the right words to use here).
I used Bamboo cardstock for my base pages.  If you look closely, it almost looks like patterned paper.  How did I do that?  Well let me tell you...it is easy, peasy!  Just take your bamboo ink pad and lay it flat on your cardstock and rub it around a little.  See, I told you it was easy.  This technique works with any color cardstock and the coordinating color of ink.
Now, on to something off topic.  I need to wish my son a Happy Birthday today.  He would have been 25 years old today.  It is also the 2nd anniversary of losing him.  It is a tough day for me, but I will make it through.  I have the support of lots of friends and family to help carry me through.  Thank you to everyone for your support!
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment