Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wall Art

Remember that stairway/hallway I was painting and repainting this winter?  If not, here is the post that talked about that.  Well, I finally got around to getting the wall art done for it.  I love the way they turned out.

When the Spring Idea Book came out and I saw the Veranda paper on the front cover, I just knew I would be making something with that for my stairway as the juniper color matches my carpet perfectly.  I really love when CTMH knows what I am working on at home and comes up with papers that match for me!!  :)
I just bought some cheap-o canvases from Bargain Bill's (our local liquidator store) and altered them.  I painted the edges with the same paint that I put on the walls, covered it with cocoa cardstock and the juniper paper from the Veranda collection.  I sponged dimensional elements letters with ink, colored some paper flowers with re-inker (see this post for instructions), added some coordinating ribbon, and attached some buttons threaded with waxy flax.  Simple!  I love to make something out of nothing!
You, too, can create one-of-a-kind artwork for you walls.  Just ask me for ideas and I can help you get started.

Happy Scrappin'

2 comments:

  1. Tammy, these are just gorgeous!! I remember you talking about your stairway and now we got to see what's decorating it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete