Saturday, April 17, 2010

I've been inspired...

No, not in the creative department...in the cooking department.  Remember my scrapping retreat last weekend that I told you about?  We had some of the best food I have ever eaten...I think we even had dessert after breakfast!  Well, maybe that is an exaggeration, but the food was awesome.  I think the meal that stood out the most for me was the one that Mandi and Tracey prepared.  Mandi was in the kitchen making quite a racket pounding away on some chicken breasts.  She ended up making what I'll call her version of chicken Cordon Blue.  It was sooooo yummy, that I've been inspired to make some of my own!
I didn't have a recipe to follow, but I just did what I thought might work out and I even impressed myself!  All I did was pound the chicken breasts flat, put a slice of ham on top, added some swiss cheese (and a little bit of shredded mozzarella because I had some in the frig.) and then some asparagus spears.  Then I poured a little chicken broth over the top and sprinkled it with some sea salt and some Montreal Chicken Seasoning and then baked until they were done (I don't even remember how long...maybe 1/2 hour to 45 minutes).
They were sooo good-of course not as good as Mandi's (isn't it always better when someone else is cooking for you??)  Even my husband liked it.  The best part was that even on my diet, I could have it (the cheese was the only 'bad' part but I used fat free on mine!)

Let me know if you give it a try and how you made yours...I am always on the lookout for tasty but easy things to make.  Enjoy!

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment