Sunday, August 16, 2009

Another busy weekend

How do the weekends get so short? Well, maybe it's because I try to pack as much into them as I possible can!

I had an Open House this weekend yesterday and today. I was able to re-connect with some old friends and meet some new. How wonderful is that!! We had a great turn-out and plan to do it again next year.After I got home on Saturday from the Open House, I mowed the lawn (with the help of my husband, of course) and then proceeded to head down to Clear Lake for their tractor pull. A huge thank you to the Clear Lake fire department for all they did and for the plaque they gave us in memory of Tony and Rhonda. You are right, they will be missed very much! Rhonda's friend Kaylin pulled Rhonda's tractor that night. She didn't do all that well, but then again, this was only her 2nd time pulling. She's a rookie that is learning quickly.After the Open House today, I headed down the Moon Lake threshing bee for their tractor pull. Dale decided to pull down there and Kaylin pulled Rhonda's tractor again. Today was a much better day. Kaylin's tracor was weighted correctly and she ended up with a 1st and a 3rd place out of the deal. The look on her face was absolutely priceless! Now that's the way to pull! Dale finished up behind Kaylin, but was very happy for her.Congratulations, Kaylin, great job! Rhonda would be very proud of you!!

Now, I am off to bed. It is up early again in the morning for work.

Happy Scrappin'

ps-I just need to put a couple of finishing touches on a mini album I created and will show you photos of that tomorrow...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment