Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dad's!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! I hope you have a great day. Around here, I think Father's Day will be spent baling hay. Not very fun, but in the life of a farmer, you bale hay when you can. What's that old saying? Make hay when the sun shines. Very true.

My Dad has been gone now for 12 years, but I still miss him and hold him dearly in my heart. I'm thinking that he better be taking good care of my son up there! This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of them together. It was taken 14 years ago when my sister got married. They were all dressed up in their tuxes and told not to get into trouble or get dirty :) They were a couple of mischief makers, let me tell you.I was going to post yesterday about our evening Friday night, but just got too busy yesterday to do it. Friday night when we went out to eat with our friends, we were talking about all the bear that have been in the neighborhood lately. I was joking with my sister-in-law that I was going to camp out in her gazebo just so I could see a bear in real life. I have never seen one (except in the zoo, but that doesn't count). As we were driving down the road talking about it, Dale said, "there he is now!" Holy Cow! It was a bear! He was in the field and started running away. I always keep a little camera in my purse, so I grabbed it and tried to snap a picture while I was driving, backing up, rolling down my window, plus stay out of the way of an oncoming truck. It is not a real good picture, but at least I have proof of what we saw.Then there was a deer in that field, too (I didn't take a picture of that as they are very common). Then about 10-15 miles down the road, we saw another bear! It was on the side of the road and went down into the ditch and the thick brush. We tried to find it, but couldn't. The there was another deer about a mile or two down the road. Then, on the way home, we saw 2 more deer. Talk about a night of wildlife. After never having seen a bear in real life, then I saw 2 in one night! I loved it!

Yesterday morning was a busy one as I had to do a little running in the morning to get parts for the tractor. Rhonda decided she really wanted to pull Tony's tractor in the pull yesterday and it didn't want to run right. It was a tough decision to make whether to let her pull it or not, but we decided it was meant to be. Was the tractor not running Tony's way of saying leave it sit? Be then we figured he must have taught her to drive it for a reason last year, so we said she could. Normally she wouldn't be allowed to touch his tractor, but last year, he taught her all the ins and outs of it (his tractor is really unique in that he made a lot of modifications to it and it has a lot of little things you need to know about it to drive it). Everyone was very happy to see it out. They even had a moment of silence in honor of Tony. It was very special. Rhonda ended up getting 1st place with it! She was so proud (as we were of her).Then it was off to my 25th Class Reunion. Can you believe I've been out of school for 25 years?? I can't! Here is a photo of some of us yesterday (I missed a few of the group as I was late because of the tractor pull). It doesn't look like a very big group, but we also only had 27 people in our graduating class. We had a great time reminiscing and laughing. I can't wait to do it again.This is me 25 years ago. I just laugh at those trees in the picture. I think every one of us had the same tree in our photos. Back then, we all went to the same photographer. My, how times have changed.OK, I've rambled enough for today, sorry for the long post. Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment