Monday, January 12, 2009

Busy weekend

Whew, what a busy weekend. I had lots of different things going on and will have to share a little at a time or this post would end up 3 pages long :)

We had a great time yesterday when we went to see Dale's brother. He is in a group home and we really only see him once a year. His birthday is December 24 so we combine visits and bring him lots of presents. He loves to open them! This is Dale and his Dad with Tom.

Here is a simple little recipe for some cookies that I brought along to Tom's place yesterday.

Pumpkin Cookies

16 oz. can of pumpkin
2 spice cake mixes
1 bag of chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients and spoon onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

Frosting:

1 stick butter
8 Tbsp (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
Cook till sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Let cool. Then add:
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix and frost cooled cookies.

See, simple...if your oven works properly...side story here: I was making some Blu'bana Bread (look back to about October for that recipe) a couple of days ago and when it was baking it, it wouldn't get done. I had it in the oven about 20 minutes longer than usual and it still wasn't anywhere near done. I was getting so frustrated as I have been making this for years. Aarrgghh! Finally I decided that it must be my oven. I called our local appliance dealer and told him the problem. He was at my house less than 10 minutes later dropping off his thermometers that he used to check oven temps. He said he didn't have time to stay and adjust it, but he told me how to do it (just an electronic/push button deal). I proceeded to set my oven at different temps to check it out and lo and behold, it was off by 50 degrees! No wonder things weren't getting done the way they should and everything was taking longer than normal! I adjusted it and now it works perfectly! Thank you Dan!

On our way home last night, we stopped at our favorite little restaurant for supper with Dale's parents. Bona Casa has the most fabulous Italian pasta on earth. Everyone around our area goes to Bona to eat and loves it. In fact, they even sell their pasta by the roaster-full and lots of people around here have that for graduation or confirmation type parties. Yum! We even have our leftovers in the frig for dinner today :)




























Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment