Friday, January 16, 2009

Challenge page

It is even colder today than it was yesterday -27 degrees here. Brrrr! Sounds like another day to stay in and scrap :) There was no school yesterday because of the cold and wind chills, but so far today, school is just 2 hours late. My daughter is kind of whining right now as schools all around us have canceled today. I guess I don't blame her.

I got a lot accomplished yesterday. It was a very creative day around here! I can't show you all the layouts I got done yesterday, though. Here's why...One of the swaps I am involved in has us scrapping someone else's photos. That was fun to be able to scrap the events in someone else's life. I won't show those pages to you as it is to be a surprise to those people next weekend. I can show you afterwards, though. I am really excited though because one of them uses a technique I learned from our Art n Soul webisodes shown on my website. If you have not yet watched them, you need to go to my website and click on the CTMH TV link. There are many great tips, techniques, and projects to be learned there.

Here is one of the pages I got done for myself. This one was for another challenge I am in. My friend Katie got a group of scrappers together and started a 6 week challenge. We each pay $5 to join and have to create 2 layouts per week for 6 weeks. If you fail to complete them, it is a $1 charge per page not done. Not a huge money issue, but it gives us the incentive we sometimes need to get it in gear. For every page you do finish, you get your name thrown in the 'hat'. At the end of the challenge, we draw winners for cash prizes. In addition to this, we sometimes put other challenges into play. This week's challenge was to create an all white layout (using just a little bit of color if needed). This is what I came up with yesterday. It's hard to see in the photo, but the "C" has liquid glass on it and them sprinkled with just a little prisma glitter. I was going to add a touch of color to it, but decided to just leave it as is.

In fact, I challenge you to come up with an all white layout yourself. Email a picture of it to me (tammyhellstern@myctmh.com) and you will receive some blog candy from me :)Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment