Thursday, January 15, 2009

Flip Album Recipe Book

Holy Smokes! It is soooo cold out today that they even canceled school. Our thermometer says -26 degrees. Factor in the windchill and they are telling us that it is -45 degrees! Brrrrrrrr!! Sounds like a good day to stay inside and scrapbook all day :) That is my plan. I may not even go outside to get the mail...the bills can wait :)I thought I would share a flip album that I made into a recipe book a while ago when my friend Carol retired from work. I used recipes contributed by a bunch of different people that we work with and included a photo of them with the recipes where I could. I made one of these for Carol, but since it was turning out so cute, I just had to make one for myself to keep, too! It is really an easy little album to make once you figure it out. I would be happy to share the instructions with you, just contact me and let me know you want them. I can also do this album as a workshop for you and your friends. I am here to make it faster, simpler, and easier for you!Also, since it is so cold, here are a couple of recipes to warm you up:

Spicy Cranberry Warmer

3 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 whole allspice
4 cups apple cider
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 cups cranberry juice

Simmer spices and apple cider, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in brown sugar and simmer 5 more minutes. Add cranberry juice and heat. Strain before serving.


Hot Buttered Rum

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. Nutmeg
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Cream all together and add:
1 pint softened vanilla ice cream

Freeze. To serve you will need
1 shot rum
2-4 Tbsp. mixture
fill cup with hot water

This one is sure to warm you all the way to your toes...just what we need on a day like today.

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment