Sunday, February 6, 2011

10 Years Old and 2 new recipes

Last night we went over to my Sister's house for my Niece's birthday party.  Wow!  Kiana is 10 years old already!  At first when she opened the card from us, she was not too happy.  I'm not sure that you can see it in the picture, but her card had her 'fake' present in it.  It said, "you said you wanted a bean bag for your birthday, does this work?"  Inside I had put some poly beans in a tiny plastic bag and taped it inside her card.  Let's just say she was a little bummed.  Then I told her to go down into the entryway to get her real present.  We did get her the bean bag chair she wanted.  It was so big, she needed help getting it up the stairs!  I think she liked it!  I know it's not your birthday until Friday, but Happy Birthday, Kiana!  We love you!
Since I had my 9x9 recipe album out to add my new recipe layouts, I was looking through and found this recipe for BLT Dip.  It sounded so yummy - and lucky for me I was headed to that birthday party.  I whipped up a batch and brought it with.  It was yummy!  As you can see, I served it with some Triscuits.  So easy...just my style!
BLT Dip

8 oz. sour cream
1 cup Miracle Whip
1 shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup chopped tomatoes
green onions for garnish
Mix all ingredients together.  Refrigerate overnight.

Now, I also have another recipe to share with you.  At Kiana's birthday party was this salad.  What do you think is in it?  Any guesses?
Ok, I'll tell you.  It was Popcorn Salad.  I had never even heard of it before, but it was really good - trust me, it was.  This is one of those salad's though that you need to eat it all right away or the popcorn gets all soggy and then it wouldn't be too good.  Here is the recipe for that, too.

Popcorn Salad

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups water chestnuts, drained and chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cups mayo (NOT salad dressing)
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
6 1/2 oz. bag Old Dutch white popcorn
Mix all ingredients, adding popcorn just before serving.

See, a couple of easy recipes - and hopefully something new to you.  Enjoy!
Now, I just need to add my little plug here for the Super Bowl - GO PACKERS!  Enjoy the game and hopefully my team will bring the Lombardi trophy back home where it belongs!  :)
Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment