Monday, January 17, 2011

Our vacation in a nutshell and my reveal...

I am going to show you our entire vacation in a nutshell.  Lots of photos for you, I  just hope I don't bore you to death with them.  I take so many pictures when I'm on vacation-you just never know when one of them is going to turn out to be your favorite!  I have a couple of them from this trip.

Let's get started.  Our cruise left from Jacksonville, Florida.  We even had to go under this big bridge (I thought for a minute there that we weren't going to fit!
Then it was off to Key West.  We had to go to the Southernmost Point in the Continental United States (of course).  Then it was off to South Beach (the southernmost beach, too!)  It was a gorgeous day that day, but we had to cut it short as we had to be back on the boat by 2:30 that afternoon. 
Remember I said talked about a favorite photo?  Well this one is one of them, and I even took it with my phone!  Can you believe that?
The next port was Nassau, Bahamas.  Here is our "parking spot" that we were backing into.  How would you like to back that big boat up?  I actually learned a lot on this cruise.  I was one of only a dozen people on board that got to take a "Behind the Fun" tour.  We were able to go to all those places on a ship that passengers are not allowed.  I learned all sorts of interesting information.  I LOVED that tour!  It was something new they were trying out, so we got to give them all sorts of feedback about it, too.  There were no cameras allowed on that tour or I would have had hundreds more pictures!  LOL!
Ready for the big surprise?  Here I am getting ready to do something I have been wanting to do for years! 
If you haven't guessed yet, I went para-sailing!  I absolutely loved it and wasn't even scared once I decided to go for it!  I would do this again in a heartbeat!  Yep, that really is me up  there!
Here is a photo of us all dressed up out on our balcony one night before we left for dinner.
This is just one of the beautiful sunsets we saw off our balcony.  If you ever decide to cruise, I do suggest getting a balcony.  The little bit extra you pay is well worth it!
OK, that about does it for our trip.  I know, a long post, but hopefully one worth looking at.  I never tire of the scenic views!  I could have shown you about 400 more pictures, but I won't do that to you :)

For you girls that guessed correctly that I went Para-sailing, you will be getting something in your mailboxes sometime soon (probably not this week, though :)  Thanks for playing along with me!

I can hardly wait to scrapbook all these pictures I took!  Since I have a couple more vacations planned this year, I will probably do them in Studio J.  Stay tuned for some photos of layouts I have done that way.  If you haven't tried it, maybe you need to.  I will never give up my traditional scrapbooking, but also love the Studio scrapbooking.

Happy Scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment