Friday, December 18, 2009

3x3 Mini Album

Here is one last project using the January 2010 Stamp of the Month "True Friends." It is a little mini album that only uses one sheet of 12x12 cardstock to make (plus some scraps of paper).I will even give you the basic instructions for making this album (click on any of the photos to see them bigger if you need to). If you have any troubles, feel free to leave a comment or send me an email and I will help you out. First of all, score and cut your cardstock according to this diagram (score on all blue lines and cut on all red lines).Then just fold it all together (I think sometimes this is called a meandering album...that would be because of the way you meander along and fold it up :)Use chipboard for the covers (I just use cereal boxes cut up-recycling at it's finest!) I make the covers 3 1/4"x3 1/4". Then just cover them with B&T as shown.I used ribbon to keep my album together as shown.After placing the ribbon as shown, add the actual album to the back cover and then glue the ribbon to the top as shown.Then add your top cover. This is how I was able to make mine tie on the side without covering up my front embellishment.Finish the inside pages as desired. I totally used scraps so each page is different. I will just show you one of the inside pages so as not to bore you :) I actually finish all the inside pages before I finish putting the album together, but that is up to you.I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial.

Happy Scrappin'

3 comments:

  1. Very cool and your easy to understand instructions make it even better! Thanks for the excellent photos, too. I WILL be trying this. (Emphasis on 'trying'.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tutorial, Tammy!! Keep doing them - I LOVE learning new things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- really wonderful- I like it! This is my next try for a little present! Thanks for the template and idea!

    ReplyDelete