Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I would like to wish a very Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! It is a sort of bittersweet day for me. I love my daughter to pieces, but am really missing my son. I miss the humorous cards he used to get for me. I will never get another one of them again, but my daughter is much like her brother was. She can be oh-so-sweet or funny as can be!

I miss the days of them being babies, but have loved every minute of watching them grow up. It seems like only yesterday I had those sleepless nights...oh wait, I still have them-only now instead of the middle of the night feedings, it's the worry and wondering when she'll be home :) Teenagers...need I say more?

I used to really dislike the days when people would say to me how much I looked like my mom. Well, now that I am older, that is quite the compliment. If I end up as beautiful as my mom and my grandma, I've got it made! They are very young looking ladies-see for yourself
Also, my mother-in-law is another wonderful lady. I do not have those typical "mother-in-law" stories. She is more like another mom to me. I could not have picked a better one if I had tried.Happy Mother's Day, ladies, you mean the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment