Saturday, May 16, 2009

Be Yourself and the Breast Cancer 3-Day

I know, I've been missing in action. I only have one excuse...WORK! I know, it stinks, but my checkbook appreciates it :) I got called back to work from my voluntary layoff and I have been exhausted all week!

I did manage to make a card and send it to my niece. See, Rita is doing the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk again this year. I commend her for this huge undertaking. She has a committed to raising $2300 in donations towards the fight against breast cancer. Especially in this economy, that is a huge thing. Even more than that, all her training is a tremendous commitment. I know that I could not do it. I am so proud of her for doing this. Bowing down to you, Rita! In addition to the donation I sent her, I had to make a card to send along with it. I used the May Stamp of the Month, "Be Yourself." I admit, I got my inspiration from Kathi and Cibele. They each used the 2nd and 3rd generation stamping technique to make their cards and I followed suit. I think it turned out pretty good.

It's off to my basement and a little creating today. I have 2 parties next week and I need to prepare. Of course, I also need to get out in my yard and get some work done. Why is the weekend only 2 days long and the week is 5 days? I think it should be the other way around!! Anyone with me on that one?

Happy Scrappin'

2 comments: