Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring, Schming!

Old Man Winter wanted to stick around a little longer, I guess. We got hit with about an inch of that awful white stuff again yesterday-the first day of spring! Thankfully it has been nice and I think the ground has warmed up because already this morning, most of it was either gone or melted down to just a coating of the stuff. I am ready for the snow to be gone and ready for Spring to be here!

Yesterday I was busy baking bars. Tonight I will be at the school as our Post Prom committee is serving a spaghetti supper. The parents of the Juniors have to donate the bars. Since I will be gone all day today for a team meeting, yesterday was baking day. Here is one of the recipes that I made (you can make them in a cake pan for more of a cake or in a jelly roll pan for more of a bar).

Cherry Chocolate Cake

1 dark chocolate cake mix
1 can cherry pie filling
3 eggs
1 tsp. almond flavoring (optional, but good)

Combine all ingredients; stir well. Pour into greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes (or until top springs back when lightly touched with finger).

Frosting

1 cup sugar
5 Tbsp. butter
1/3 cup milk
Mix together and boil for one minute.
Stir in a 6 oz. pkg. of chocolate chips until pieces are melted. Spread on cool cake.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this cake recipe. I have the same one (only 2 eggs instead of 3). It is to die for...my favorite! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete