Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009

Happy 2009 everyone!

We had a quiet evening at home (we actually even went to bed before the ball dropped). We must be getting old because this year we didn't even care if we saw the new year in or not. We knew it would be here waiting for us this morning.

As we reflected upon last year, we had many ups and one very major down. The end of September was so sad for us as we lost our dear son,Tony, in a tragic car accident. We miss him terribly but know that we will get through this. We have so many wonderful friends and family to lean on. We do have a lot to be thankful for and are looking forward to a much better 2009!

Looking back, 2008 had me traveling a lot...maybe I should change professions and become a travel agent??

January had Dale and I on a Western Caribbean Cruise with some wonderful friends of ours. March took us to Lincoln, NE for an NATPA tractor pull. May was St. Louis, MO for a school choir trip with my daughter. July was an Algona, IA motorcycle trip with our friends and then the end of the month I was in Orlando, FL for the Close To My Heart National Convention. Then the day after arriving home from Florida in August, Dale and I took off for Sturgis, SD on our motorcycles. September we took the motorcycles yet again to Tomahawk, WI for another bike trip with some other friends of ours. November took me to San Antonio, TX for the Close To My Heart Regional Celebration. Then in December I went on a Western Caribbean Cruise with my friend Sandy.

Whew! Talk about a whirlwind of travel. I loved every second of it. I should be racking up those frequent flyer miles for another vacation! I already have travel plans ahead of me for this year and am loving it!

Here's to a happy, healthy 2009! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment